I tried some new muffins the other week and they turned out great!!! I am trying to get back to being gluten free, since I am allergic to wheat, but it’s been hard to give up the food I love. I’ve been looking at some new recipes that I can try so I can get back on track. I found this recipe on pinterest and thought I’d give it a try. I wasn’t sure what they would taste like but I really like them! I am going to make them again soon! If you have any recipes that I should try, send them along!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 12 Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter unsweetened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup of chocolate ships (I used the brand Enjoy Life)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan. I didn’t use muffin liners. I sprayed the muffin pan and put the batter directly on the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs with the mashed bananas, almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, flax, baking soda and pinch of salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined, don’t over-mix. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly among the muffin cups/liners to fill about 3/4 of the way. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown and the centre is set.
- Cool in the muffin pan for about 2 minutes, then gently transfer to wire racks to fully cool.